Friday, January 13, 2012

Back in the city

Christmas vacation went by extremely too fast. I had a great time being with my family and took the time to rejuvenate myself. I had such a tough semester, I was ready to do absolutely nothing for two weeks. Last semester ended well for me - to be honest, it was my best semester since middle school! I ended up with a 3.8 for the semester. God is good!

I arrived back to Madrid on Monday morning around 7 am. I dropped my suitcase off at work and went straight to work. Thankfully, classes at school didn't start until Wednesday, so I had two half-days to re-acclimate myself to the time change, although after almost a week, my body is still struggling to wake up when my alarm goes off at 7:30 am. Two weeks of sleeping in is a hard thing to break! I think I'm going to really like my classes this semester. I am taking Methods of Political Science, International Relations Theory and Practice, Politics of the European Union, Hispanic Literature in the US, and a Theology course about Jerusalem and how it's a city of three different faiths. (Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.) They're going to make for a challenging, yet fun semester! The highlight of this semester (minus graduation, of course!) is going to be my trip to Brussels. I'll be leaving in about six weeks and am really getting excited about the trip!

I'm currently deciding if I'm going to stay another year in Madrid or return to the US. This is the hardest decision I've had to date and it's literally breaking my heart. But I have complete faith that I will make the right decision. See my previous blog on how you can help by praying for me!

That's all for now. I'm finally turning it. It's been a long, tiring week!

Ciao,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment