Thursday, December 2, 2010

Three weeks! 99/21.

This time in three weeks, I will be home! Correction, I will be sitting in the Philadelphia airport, and will probably be searching for some American food. I'm thinking a greasy hamburger and fries, drenched in ranch dressing. Not exactly weight friendly. Okay, maybe I will find a salad. Regardless, I'm so excited! But before Louisville, comes Italy! I am leaving tomorrow afternoon and this will be the first time I've been outside of Spain since arriving in August. I am so ready for the break. The kids at school are me vuelven loca (driving me crazy), I'm so ready for school to be over with for the semester (I just found out yesterday that the papers that I thought were due on the 20th and 21st, are actually due on the 13th and 14th - talk about a killer way to start my holiday....) and I'm just ready to see my family. I never imagined I would say this, but I need a break from Madrid. I'm ready to sleep in my queen-sized bed with my memory foam pillows, go out to eat at a restaurant and actually get a waiter who has customer service, and sit on the couch and watch t.v. all day. I need to catch up on Grey's Anatomy, Real Housewives, and all of my other shows. I realized the other day that I need to get out of here and have a two week break!

I'm really excited about going to Italy tomorrow. Believe it or not, I already have my suitcase packed. And here's the big shocker - it's just a carry-on! I am notorious for waiting until the last minute to pack, which always ends with me overpacking. But, I have learned lessons the hard way. I even made a post-it note with a list of things I needed to pack at the last minute. And, I only packed three pairs of shoes - two in the bag, and one pair that I will be wearing tomorrow. My parents were shocked. For those of you who don't know, I'm going to visit the missionaries my home church sponsors. I will be spending two days in Ancona, and then traveling to Verona to stay with another missionary. I will be squeezing a day trip to Venice in on Tuesday. I will spend a few hours in the center of Milan, before heading back to Madrid. I am really excited about getting to see the Italian church. This project has been going on for over ten years and I grew up hearing about the church in Italy. Very exciting indeed!

Anyways, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Mine will be longer than yours :) But this is payback from everyone getting that long Thanksgiving break last week! I will also be celebrating my birthday on Sunday. The two families I teach English to gave me birthday gifts since I won't see them until after my birthday! I got a flower pin that I love and a book (in Spanish, of course) about a girl from North America who travels to a different country - go figure! I learned last month that it is customary to open your gift in front of the person, as soon as you get it. Which is a bit different from us, but I like it! Times like these always make me reflect on my life. I'm so grateful to have seen another birthday and even more lucky to be spending it in Italy!

Ciao!

Quote of the Day: "I don't believe in the Republican Party or the Democratic Party. I just believe in parties!" -Samantha Jones on Sex and the City

Spanish Word of the Day: cascanueces - nutcracker. One of my students whom I give private lessons to, is named Clara, and I was explaining to her the Nutcracker Ballet and how Clara is very famous.

Prayer: That I have safe travels over the long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment