Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Finally Settled 34/86.

Yes, I know I'm up late. I just finished unpacking everything and setting up my room. It's nice to finally be able to have things how I want them. I bought some hangers and a few little boxes to put things up. I need like two more boxes to put my school supplies in and then another one for miscellaneous stuff. Other than that, I'm all set. I even arranged my closet according to color - it made me feel at home. I already love being here. And that's not just because I'm so close to work and school. I really enjoy being a part of this family. They are absolutely wonderful!

I discovered a new store today, called Carrefour. It's a French-based store. It is the closest thing to a Target I have seen. I bought my hangers and also a blow dryer there. The blow dryer has a Spanish plug - just another subtle reminder of my move and that I am really here to stay for awhile! I then bought some plastic picture frames and a laundry hamper from the Chino store. Unfortunately, the frames are too small, so I am hoping I can take them back tomorrow and exchange them. I want some pictures of my family in my room!

Someone else called me today about teaching English to their kids - who are also students of mine. I'm going to have to start turning people down. I have decided to only go to one small group for right now, so that will free up another night. The only problem is that I don't get out of school until 6:45 and most people want the classes earlier. Can't believe I am getting more calls!

I slept great last night. My new bed is small, yet comfortable. I think this is the most comfortable bed I've slept in here in Spain! It was so nice to wake up at 8:00, hit the snooze button until 8:20 and still make it to work by 8:50. I love it!

Tomorrow should be quite interesting. All of the government/community/city workers are going on strike. Which means things like public transportation and offices will not have any workers. Things are going to be a mess with the buses and metros out. Thank goodness I've already moved - otherwise it would have been quite difficult to make it in the city! It should be quite interesting. I've heard that everyone will be driving in and the roads will be packed. I wish we could go on strike too. I think some of the professors at the university have canceled classes since a lot of people won't have a way in. How nice. I wish they were my professors!

I'm pretty sure I have something smart, witty, or funny to share with you, but I really can't think of anything. Need to go to sleep. More tomorrow.

Quote of the Day: "Be the change you want to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment