Saturday, September 4, 2010

Pot Roast? Beef stew? Ohhhh, cubed beef!!!! 11/109.

Okay, so I am officially missing the states. Why? Today was a huge day in the college football world. An avid fan, I am a deep love for both the Tennessee Volunteers and the Louisville Cardinals. Both of them played today. And I couldn't watch either team play. I started to get a feed from the UofL game, but stupid UK, who was giving a live feed of the game, decided to be a hater and cut the feed off. I mean, really?

I had a wonderful day today. Elena had to work until 2:30, so I started preparing lunch around 1:45. She had put some cubed beef in the refrigerator to thaw. I cut up some potatoes and made homemade french fries. For the meat, I sauteed garlic, onion, and tomato in the pan before adding the beef. Then I made a salad and cut up bread. Everyone loved the meal. I was so glad, because when you cook for kids, you never know if they will like it or not. I think I finally have an idea of what kind of food the kids will eat and won't eat. I ate a peach and then we had ice cream for dessert!

Tonight was the first church service I attended at Oasis. Some of you may or may not know that this past year and a half has been a struggle for me spiritually. I absolutely loved the service tonight. It was small, contemporary, and just what I needed. They allowed time for personal reflection after the message. I met some really nice people and hopefully will make new friends from people at the church. The funny thing is, the majority of the people are students or English teachers....The best part of the night though, was when I was talking to a girl named Kate. She told me about a program that gives you a U.S. IP address, so you can watch things on Hulu, listen to Pandora, etc, etc. I have downloaded it and am going to try it out! Let's cross fingers that I have a way to watch Grey's this season!

Tomorrow, Elena is off, which is perfect, because I have some reading to take care of. I also have to write a composition in Spanish for class on Tuesday :( If her parents do not come over tomorrow for lunch, we are going to the grocery and I am going to cook them a southern meal :) Will let you know how that turns out.

And even though they lost, Go Cards!

Quote of the Day (actually conversation of the day):
Me: "Hey, what's the name of the meat that you put in a pot roast?"
Nette: "Um, roast..."
Ten seconds later....
Me: "No, I didn't mean that. What kind of meat do you put in beef stew?"
Nette: "Beef stew?....Beef stew?....Beef stew?....BEEF stew?...."
Me: "Oh, duh." ::proceeds to laugh::
Nette: "I was waiting on you to get it."

I promise I was being serious when I asked these questions. Those of you who know me, know that I have plenty of book sense, but am lacking in the common sense department....I was trying to describe the beef that we ate for lunch today. Cubed beef!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment