Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I hate Hulu 15/105.

Last night, I told you all that I was going to watch the Real Housewives of New Jersey reunion show part 2. I was all ready to go and clicked on the link. And then stupid Hulu realized that I was using a third party IP address and wouldn't let me watch the show. I was so bummed. I tweeted by disgust and devoted my 3,000th tweet to Bravo and Hulu, thanking them for killing my mood last night. UGH!!!! If anyone is looking for any ideas for my birthday/Christmas gifts, DVD's of Real Housewives/Grey's Anatomy would just make my day!

Today, I got to school early, because I wanted to try and catch one of my professors from two summers ago. Her name is Araceli and she is the person who told me about Elena needing an English Teacher for Dan and Luna. So if it weren't for her, I probably wouldn't have a free place to stay right now! Like my other Spanish professors, Araceli and I kept in touch through Facebook. I was so glad to see her today. She even offered me a job, teaching English to her kids. Unfortunately, with work and school, I have no extra time, even though I would have loved to do so! I guess I'm in high demand over here :)

I got several exciting bits of information today. I will soon know of when my appointment is to go to the police station and get fingerprinted for my residency card. Many of you may not know, but I had a wonderful time getting my Spanish visa to come over here. At first, I was coming in June, then I wasn't coming, then I was coming. I've heard stories of people being denied for residency cards and having to return to the states to apply again. Flying back and forth is a bit expensive....so I'm so glad that everything went well with my application! I also received an email telling me that someone dropped the Theology class I was on the waitlist for. I am officially in the class, which means I am now carrying 18 hours this semester.

While I was talking to the professor, who also happens to be the campus priest, we were talking about the student retreat that is coming up next month. He asked if I would be comfortable with getting involved with the retreat/campus ministry. I told him about my experience in the ministry and he immediately introduced me to the campus minuster, Ana. He told her about my experience and she was so excited and said it was an answered prayer! She and I are going to meet one day next week to talk about what activities we can plan for the campus ministry. I am really excited to get involved with something on campus!

Finally, I start work tomorrow. One of the English teachers called me. I am meeting her tomorrow at noon at the school. I'm so glad to be starting. Hopefully this also means that I will get paid at the end of the month :) I need to get some funds circulating, because things over here are expensive! I had to pick up a notebook, some folders, and highlighters for classes today. I went to this store called Carlin, which is kinda like our version of Staples or Office Depot. They had a Barbie pen that matched my Barbie purse I bought in Indianapolis. I was going to get it, until I realized that the pen was almost ten US dollars! I politely put it back on the shelf. Considering, I bought a ten pack of pens at Target for one dollar, I couldn't bring myself to do it. (Yes, I find it rather amusing that I hated Barbie as a child, but now I love all the merchandise that is out now!)

I did have one teensy, tiny scare today. I thought I had lost my passport. I went to pay for my school supplies and realized I didn't have it with me. I didn't panic, but instead re-traced my steps from yesterday. I realized that yesterday morning, I was a little uneasy about walking around with my real passport after what happened in the metro. I thought I took it out, but couldn't remember for sure. Thankfully, I had taken it out at the house yesterday and found it when I came home! What a relief that was!

I am going to sleep now. I have been staying up rather late these past few nights, because classes don't start until 2:30 for me. But now that work is starting, I need to get on a good sleeping schedule. Can't wait to share my work experiences tomorrow evening with everyone!

Quote of the Day: "For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” But if you are always biting and devouring one another, watch out! Beware of destroying one another." -Galatians 5:13-15

No comments:

Post a Comment